Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Do You Believe In Manifesting Your Own Reality?

Photo courtesy of morguefile.com
When I was in my early twenties, I lived the typical early twenties life living in the big city and sharing apartments and Friday nights out with girlfriends. I worked and went to school, and dated. A lot. I had a good time.

In 1998, my sister gave me a book that changed my life. I was going through a difficult time (ending things with a boy), and she thought it would help. And it did. That book was Conversations With God (CWG), by Neal Donald Walsh (and one of the greatest gifts I've ever received).

I learned a lot from the book, mainly that I was responsible for my own happiness. That statement alone encompasses a huge circumference of deep thinking, pondering, and asking lots and lots of questions - which transpired over the years, through my 30s, right up to today. Right up to *now*.

That book was the kick off to years of finding and studying spirituality and personal growth. I understand I'm a student of all spiritual explorations, not just a subscriber to one.

Another principal of CWG that I have studied and employed to a great degree in my life is the creation of my own reality, or 'manifestation'.

Sure, it sounds woo-woo - enough to scare a few people away. But. Being a practical thinker and an evidence-based rational-izer, I can say with 100% certainty based on my own life experiences since 1998 that it is true. That we are (you and me) the creators of our own realities, and that we do indeed manifest our thoughts and images.

When I look back over the past sixteen years of my life, I see physical evidence of what I put out to the Universe, and what the Universe delivered. My husband, for example, is one of those manifestations. I knew what I desired in a partner, and put it out there, no if ands or buts, and - poof. Along came Addison who is not only my husband, but my best friend and hero. I have many more examples of deliberate manifesting (and not so deliberate). But recently - as in since the beginning of the year - I have been actively manifesting my heart's desires. The end result is a heart full of gratitude, and wider circle of creative friends, and big steps into creating a very successful art career.

This is not a new concept - manifesting your reality. In fact, the concept is as old as the hills. Many cultures and religions speak of it, and is evidenced in our modern vernacular with phrases like: 'Careful what you ask / wish for' and 'Just Do It'.

It's a very positive concept, too. Encouraging. A beacon of truth that constantly reminds us that we don't have to live a life that is less than spectacular, and devoid of daily joy.

So, if you're on the fence about being the creator of your own life, and having the power and ability to manifest your dreams - I encourage you to rethink it. And if you need a couple of books, I have some to recommend.






5 comments:

  1. I came to discover this repeatedly throughout my life too, through so many different avenues but most of all by actually living it. 'Be careful what you wish for'. So very true! :)
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome if you take the time to look back over your life, the good, the bad - it does all add up, and it all feeds into how you were thinking at the time, b/c thoughts become images realized in life. *who*. LOL! So true - be careful what you ask for! (I asked for patience once...and wow....that's a whole 'nuther post....) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed it is!! Once you own it, your life changes. :o)

      Delete