Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dear Me, May My Heart Always Be Happy


24x24 Acrylic, by Alisa Steady
I was skyping last night with a dear friend of mine. She's an artist (an amazing one at that!) and person I look to for advice on art and spiritual guidance. She says she's knows a little about a lot, but I sense she knows much more than she thinks she does....

...because we got to talking about how stepping into yourself, becoming who you really are, actually benefits the world. How? Because when you are your authentic self, you are *happy*. 

How many people can truly look at themselves in the mirror and say, "I'm really happy!" Not a lot, unfortunately, though - there is change in the air. 

Something is beginning to stir in the hearts of mankind.

Back in September, I had a sudden urge to start painting hearts. Yeah yeah, I thought. So girly. Why hearts? But I kept doing it. And collaged hearts eventually turned into gigantic hearts on big huge canvas.

But still, I asked, "Why hearts?" Part of that question was answered in January. I have a big heart and a lot to say, so naturally, my message is in the heart. But last night, in speaking with my friend, she explained that I have a calling to paint hearts. It's what I'm supposed to be doing because there is a message in each heart that is meant for someone out there....someone who will get the message, and find their 'happy.' 

It is so vitally important to the human spirit to find and exist in a space of HAPPY. Happy is one of the end results of PEACE + LOVE. When people are happy, magic happens. Hate subsides. Love grows. Fear dissipates. Hope emerges.

We need more happy in our lives, in our society, in our world.

I am a soldier for Happy. And my hearts are my Message.

Soldier on, beautifuls.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely friend you both have! :) That's a gorgeous painting Alisa, so beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jess! Yes, she is a wonderful friend indeed - thank you so much for your lovely comment!! xo

      Delete
  2. Keep letting the happy happen Alisa - happiness looks great on you.

    Meg M.

    ReplyDelete